Monday, January 5, 2015
We love chipotle rice bowls and were excited to try to make our own. This recipe is a little spicy (too spicy for LMNO-Girl), but great on a chilly evening!
Meal Report Card
1-1/4 lb. chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 small onion, chopped
1 large red pepper, diced
1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until browned and remove.
2. Add onion and red pepper to pan and cook until tender-crisp.
3. Stir in soup, tomato paste, and chili pepper. Heat to a boil and then add chicken and beans and reduce heat.
4. Serve over rice.
5. Serve with salad, veggies, and rolls.
Friday, December 26, 2014
Feta cheese has to be on of my very favorites! I was thrilled to find this recipe this fall that combines both feta and orzo--yum! This flavorful dish is great with both sweet or spicy sausage! Enjoyed by all in my house!
Meal Report Card
1 cup uncooked orzo
1 bag (11 oz) market blend frozen veggies
1 lb Italian pork sausage links (sliced)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes undrained
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook and drain pasta.
2. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, cooked pasta, and cooked veggies.
4. Heat until hot and then sprinkle with cheese.
5. Serve with salad, fruit, and rolls.
As friends, we have always shared in our love of cooking healthy meals for our families! And as teachers and mothers, we have continually searched for ways to meet the hustle and bustle of busy school day schedules! Over the years, we have inspired each other to meet the "school bell supper" challenge by sharing convenient and delicious recipes! We are now excited to share our journey of cooking, parenting, teaching, and enjoying life, and we welcome you to share together with us! Bon appetit!